Third Party Freight Pay
We offer a comprehensive freight pay service if you need it. Your carrier-specific rates are stored in our central database and are available to you through the internet. All bills are preaudited through the database to ensure proper payment, saving you money by controlling for incorrect rates, carrier discounts, accessorial charges, classification errors and fuel surcharges.
Freight bills are coded for your general ledger, down to the SKU level if you require allowing you to appropriately allocate your freight costs. Your Fedex and UPS bills are evaluated for service failures (late delivery) and those fees are deducted from your payment, eliminating the need to file claims and saving you time and money.
Depending on your needs, freight bills are procesed with or without match-payment
- carriers submit for payment with copies of bills-of-lading
- transmission of bills is by hard-copy or EDI
- freight bills are automatically coded for your general ledger
- all bills are preaudited
- duplicate payment is controlled by pro number (also bill-of-lading with match payment)
- payment is made by individual check
- all bills are processed by the following Monday
Twenty-four reports are available to you through the internet or hard copy, including freight bills in batch order, copies of checks to carriers, accounts payable, cash disbursements and carrier analysis. If you need them, we can develop custom reports. All reports are available to you on a weekly, monthly or year-to-date basis.
We retain your freight history for three years. Both you and your carriers can check the status of any bill, either via the Internet or by calling us.
The following reports are available via the Internet, hard-copy or by downloading to your PC.
Routing Opportunity shows instances where shipments were not tendered to the carrier with the best rates. You can use this information to improve your shipping practices and save money.
Rate Analysis shows you the cost impact of changes in the carrier's rates, including changes in the tariff, discount, FAK, accessorials and fuel surcharges.
Inventory Supply Point analyzes multiple warehouses simultaneously to determine the most cost-effective warehouse to use for that shipment.
Routing Compliance analyzes compliance with your routing preferences. Noncompliant shipments are rerated with the preferred carriers to evaluate the change in cost associated with the misrouted shipments.
Using your history files, we can conduct the following studies for you:
- analyze all LTL shipments to determine if they can be combined into truckload shipments to decrease your cost and improve the service to your customers.
- analyze all LTL shipments to determine if pool points should be established
- analyze the cost of establishing/moving pool points to keep up with changing shipping patterns